2007년 7월 7일 토요일

Do It!

For those of you that have ever wondered whether living out of the country for an extended period of time would be a good idea or not, I have two words: do it. Trust me, you'll thank me later. I've just arrived in Korea, and I could not be more content.

Living here...I feel like a king. The people here are wonderful , the food is inexpensive and tasty, and the experience could not be more valuable. The language is a little hard to learn (ok maybe a lot), but it's ok to be the token American screwing up at every corner and barely remembering anything correctly..as long as you try and never give up.

There are so many opportunities out there like the Peace Corps and ESL programs (English Teaching in a foreign country), which I've divulged into. Instead of doing something with the government or a big organization, I've gotten involved with GoodDay Korea, a private company that finds schools with demands for native English speakers and individuals like me to fill them. English teachers here come from all over the world, and I've already met people from England, South Africa, the UK and New Zealand, as well as the United States. If you can find a good deal, they'll pay for your plane ride, apartment, almost everything.

When the free market competes over your fresh blood and affluence, you win.

댓글 없음: