2007년 7월 7일 토요일

West Side Story in Korea (a song)

Inch'eon City is on the West Side of Korea...Northwest actually. I live in Gamdon, right outside Inch'eon and close to Seoul. Apparently, it is a farm town in the "middle of nowhere," but there are flashing lights everywhere and most places are open 24 hours. To me it's like a mini Las Vegas.

So here's my song about Korea. This is rhetoric more than anything else. Some of these experiences I've had; some I haven't yet. I'll yet you figure out which is which. I'll provide a glossary at the end for unfamiliar words.

(sing to the tune of 'Maria' from West Side Story)

The most wondeful taste of kim-chi in mass.
Korea, Korea, Korea, Korea
The most plentiful rounds of Soju and Cass.
Korea, Korea, Korea, Korea
Korea, Korea

Korea, I've just reached a place called Korea.
And suddenly I've found how full nights on the town can be.
Korea, I've just kissed a girl in Korea.
I'm eating kimbop rolls, I'm wandering in Seoul, I'm free

Korea, stay here long, and you'll never get homesick.
Stay here short, you'll be leaving your home quick
Korea, I'll never stop loving Korea.


kimchi- cabbage with red pepper seasoning, very popular Korean side dish
Sojul- most popular Korean drink, a cross between sake and Vodka
Cass- Korean beer
Kimbop- Korean sushi
Seoul- capital of South Korea

댓글 1개:

Danny :

Pretty cool. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time my friend. I hope all is well. How was the plane trip, etc. Blog about your experiences on the trip over, compare the two countries, etc.